If you are running out of paper and don't have time to get one, then double-sided printing is a good option for you. Most inkjet and laser printers allow double-sided printing. But in case if your printer does not allow it, there are some options to print double-sided paper using your Mac or Windows.
Follow these simple steps to get your work done in no time, just like you did to learn how to set default printer in windows 10 and Mac.
Printing Double-Sided On A Mac
Open up the PDF file you want to print using any software, for example, MS Word. In our test, we used a PDF file that was scanned by a 4x6 photo scanner with feeder.
- Click on the File menu given at the top right of the screen and then choose the option of print. If you are printing from Google Chrome, then you need to click on 'print using system dialogue'.
- Then click on the 'layout' option to see the orientation and look of your document.
- Now click on the box that appears on your screen and select 'two-sided printing'. Then choose your preferred printing style.
- If you choose a long-edge binding, the print would appear in the same direction on the opposite sides of the paper.
- If you choose short-edge binding, then the printer would print in the opposite direction on the two opposite sides of the paper.
- Preview the document before printing and if you are satisfied, then click the print button.
- If your printer does not have the option of printing on the wool side, then you need to make some changes in your Mac software so that you would be able to print on the two sides of the paper.
- Open your file with the PDF file viewer and then click on the print option.
- Then click on the box that appears on your screen and chooses the option of 'paper handling'.
- Click on the box that appears on your screen and then select the option of 'all pages' and then change to 'odd only'.
- So, pages 1, 3,5,7,11 would be printed.
- Now turn over these pages and put them again in the printing tray.
- Go to the File option and then select the printer option.
- Again choose the option of 'paper handling.'
- Now select the option of all pages and then change it to 'even only'.
- The opposite sides of the paper, like the number 2,4,6,8, would be printed.
- This is the manual method to print double-sized PDF or word files.
By the way, you can print the PDF from your iPhone as well. For that, you need to learn how to set up air printer on iphone first.
Printing Double-Sided PDF With Windows
To print double-sided PDF with windows, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the start menu and select settings; from there, click on 'devices,' and select the 'printers and scanner' tab.
- In order to print double-sided, select the option to manage.
- Select printer properties by opening the dialogue box; now select the 'device setting' tab.
- Now an extensive menu bar will drop down; select installable options from it and then select the duplex unit.
- After selecting the duplex unit, click 'install' and then 'ok'.
- Your device is now ready to print.
- Open up the documents you want to print and then giving the printing command.
- Click on the 'print' option, and you would be able to see 'printer properties,' from where you need to go to the 'more options’ tab.
- Select the option to print on both sides – save settings and print.
These are some simple methods to print double-sided with Mac and Windows. These methods are the same for all, no matter whatever software you are using. If you're interested, you can learn how to add a printer to a chromebook from the linked source.